Sunday, November 15, 2009

How often do you see a celebrity in person in Los Angeles?|199557

For you Los Angeles natives who live out there, do you see celebrities all the time and just don_t care when you do, or is it rare for most people?

  • If you work or hang out in the right places, you_ll see them all the time. If you_re on the westside where many live, it_s not uncommon. There is lots of filming in Pasadena, so it_s another good place to spot celebs. In Malibu, you might see a couple in the little yogurt place at once. I_m at the Grove most weekends for a few hours waiting for my son and I see celebs every weekend. The funny thing is, no one recognizes them, they don_t look quite the same as they do on tv or in the movies. I do, because of my business, family and growing up here. The other big place to see celebs -- your kid_s private school pick up line.

    It_s not really that big of a deal most of the time, although being introduced to George Clooney actually made my knees weak, lol.

  • I_ve seen quite a few stars, although it was at their movie premieres. If you know the right websites to sign up on you can get tickets to attend the premieres for free. You also get free popcorn, soda and validated parking.
    99.9% of the time I don_t care. The only person I ever stopped for an autograph was Gary Oldman because my best friend is crazy about him. He is a very nice guy and so was his date. At the same event I was talking to Thandie Newton before the movie and I didn_t know it was her until I saw her on screen.
    Reese Witherspoon looks better in person than she does on film.
    Everyone else is a lot shorter than you think they would be.

  • I live an hour outside of LA. Most of the time when I go to LA, I don_t see any celebs. But once when I was up there, I saw 3 in one day, all at different parts of the city...Nicholas Cage, Martin Scorscese, and some comedien I can_t remember his name...Another time i saw Orlando bloom in Malibu

  • Well, it depends on your definition of a celebrity. The reality show d-listers are a more common occurence because they are always out making the scene somewhere in Hollywood or Downtown LA. As for reputable celebrities--pretty rare. Maybe once every few years.

  • I have been here 8 years and have seen exactly one. It is very rare to run into one. It is likely you see more but you do not know you did because without the Hollywood makeup, etc., they look a lot like regular people.

  • it_s pretty rare the only famous people i_ve ever seen are Dr.Dre, The Game,Jason Biggs,Seth Green...but it all depends on where you hang out, live or work...

  • i would say it is contingent on where you are; closer to the studios or areas that are frequently filmed - alot...

    I would say i see about 2/month on average...

    but like others say, it_s no big deal...

  • very rare

    once a loooooooooooooong time ago, my buddy saw robin williams and talked to him, he as pretty nice

  • It_s a RARE occasion. I saw more celebrities in my hometown than in LA.

  • It_s rare.

    And when we do, it_s no big deal. They_re just people. We don_t worship them like so many do.

  • I shouldn_t say, but every time I look in a mirror .. I see a celebrity..
    Its no big thing though.. even us big stars have to use la baignoire once in a while.. but promise you won_t tell

  • Its rare i lived here for 15 years and only seen 3 celebs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS