Monday, August 17, 2009

Where is the most beautiful place to go camping in the eastern united states?|126717

I will be beginning a 2 month road trip next week. I plan on hitting South and North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee. Any ideas for websites to view good places to camp? Actually I am putting all my stuff into storage so if I find a real nice place to live, I can do that too!

  • Bryson City, NC was voted by Outdoor Magazine as one of the top 100 best places to live for outdoor enthusiasts. Sounds like you_d love it. It has the Deep Creek Recreation Area with hiking trails that join the Appalachian Trail and also general camping. If your into more of the _cabin camping_ type of camping, I recommend
    http://www.annasdeepcreekcabins.com/
    because they are right next the the Deep Creek Rec Area (1/2 mile away). Seriously, I_ve been to Bryson City many times because I love the outdoors, and there is so much for me to do!

  • Try The Finger Lakes area.

  • Anywhere in the Adirondack Mountains! I live in NYS and may be biased but I never get tired of these beatiful mountains. Check out these websites below for more information.

  • that mountain area between Knoxville TN through Asheville (I-40) and south towards Spartenburg SC (I-26) is about the most beautiful I have ever seen!

  • Even though you are not travelling to that area, you should go to Georgia. There are some beautiful camp grounds there with lake views, and wildlife sightings, and all sorts of stuff. There are some beautiful houses there too so you can live close to nature. The trails give you a great way to start your day!!! (I sound like some sort of ad but don_t pay attention to me...)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS