Friday, August 27, 2010

What are the benefits to living in Boston? How do you like it?|174396

I_m from a smaller city on the west coast of approximately 600,000 people and am considering moving to Boston for college. Would the change be reasonable? Advice please!

  • It depends on what you_re looking for. Boston is a heavily college town. The streets can be difficult to navigate (since it_s a MUCH older city and isn_t as grid-like as other cities), and I know people who don_t care for it. It_s a great historical city if you_re into American history and there_s a lot of things a big city offers--museums, concerts, classes you can take, etc. I_d argue it_s not as diverse, but if you come from a smaller town that might not bother you as much (I guess depending on the demographics of your town.)

    It_s a big place, but there are tons of college students out there. Good luck!

  • I_m from California and went to college in Boston. I had a great time. Of course, it did take some time getting used to living in the city. I rode the subway, walked around, and just explored everything the city had to offer.

    The MFA offers free admission to local students. You can watch street acts in Harvard Square. The shopping is superb.

    I love that the East Coast has four seasons. But, be warned, the weather can get a little wild. So be prepared for some pretty cold and windy days, it can literally knock your breath away.

    Boston_s location also makes it easy to take trips into New York, D.C. and Canada.

    If you_re still having trouble making up your mind about Boston, do what I did--visit. I took a tour of the college and the city. I strongly recommend taking a bus tour of the city. I booked one from tours4fun.com. Here_s the link:
    http://www.tours4fun.com/monograms-jbb-b��


    Good luck, whatever you decide.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS