Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whats the easiest way to get from New Orleans to Atlanta?|162943

I_ll be traveling from New Orleans to Atlanta in early December and I_ve found some reasonably priced flights, but I_m wondering what other options are out there.

  • This may not be what your looking for, but here_s a trick not many people know---do this only if your flexible!!!

    Airlines will price _special fare sales_ in advance, when those sell-the _reasonably priced fares_ and _$$$$$ fares_ start selling. IT_S NOT ALWAYS CHEAPER TO BUY IN ADVANCE.

    Think about this..... In December, granted there will be a lot of travel happening for the holidays, however early December comes right after late November (bear with me here, i promise to make sense...) Many people will be traveling in late Nov for Turkey Day, it follows that the following weeks MAY have less travelers and it will pick back up again during XMas. Airlines don_t like the lulls and they will typically offer lower fares to entice people to fly, they don_t like flying half-empty planes!!

    Keep in mind, travel on Saturday is cheaper then Sunday. If your making a 3-day weekend of it, it_s typically cheaper to fly out Saturday and return on Monday (less departures on Saturday routes). If your really flexible with your days, go to travelocity and search for fare sales. You can do this one of two ways:

    1. Use the option for +/- 3 days
    2. Use the option for _flexible dates_ this will pull up a calendar that shows the lowest current fares and what dates they are available.

    Again these change all the time!!

    I can_t tell you how many times I got to say _I told you so_ to friends or family who said _gotta buy the tickets now prices are high!_

    Anyways, it_s a game and you should really only play it if your flexible. It_s typically going to cost you the same or less if you buy your ticket 3 months in advance or 3 wks.

    For all the doubters, last minute fare to DCA for travel tomorrow cost me $190, I paid for that 2 hours ago. Last week it was $320. Again, lots of things factor into this and I should mention that I always depart from Chicago (ORD) there are many many routes to almost every destination, so if AA is $$$$ I switch to UA and save.

    OK I really feel myself rambling, but it just kills me to see people spend soooo much on airfare!! Anyways, for whatever it_s worth-I hope this helps!!!

  • Easiest is flying... If you_re not in a rush to get there, take a greyhound and save some $ for the holiday season...

  • Tell your chauffeur, _Jeeves, take me to Atlanta_.

  • hav wings,........
    fly

  • amtrack train
    greyhound bus

  • Check out
    http://www.amtrak.com
    for the trains, or
    http://maps.yahoo.com/dd
    for driving directions. Good luck!

  • fly there :D

  • You can afford it if you book now, :-)

  • you can fly, bus, train, car depending how much you want to send and how much time you got to get there.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS