Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What is a nice cheap weekend getaway for a couple in New Jersey?|175646

My fiance and I want to do something different this weekend. There are only so many times to go to the movies, play pool, and go bowling. We are currently on a budget saving for our wedding. What would be a nice cheap weekeng geatway for a couple in New Jersey? Any ideas?

  • pennsylvania! you can go to the mountains..if thats what you mean by getaway. I believe most stuff is much cheaper here then towards the coast.

  • Visit New York City - Metropolitan Museum of Art.

  • The very best getaway I ever experienced was to tell everyone I was going to NYC. Then I just stayed home, stayed in doors so they didn_t know I was there, and later pulled out old photos and made up stories about all the things I had done. It_s harder to pull this off than you think because it_s very tempting to go outside.

    One time I did that, and while everyone knew I wasn_t gone, I had a great time. That time I MADE myself go to all the tourist attractions close to home and just see my local community as a tourist would. Believe it or not, that was a better getaway than taking a trip. The key on this one was to go to TOURIST things, and to not fall into the trap of going to the mall, the grocery store, etc - all the things that are part of your daily work. One way to make it more that way is to eat every single meal out that week (or whatever time period) and to not turn your television on AT ALL during that time period. Make sure you go to a lot of movies, museums, art galleries, and all the other fun stuff you might overlook in the hustle and bustle of your daily life.

    You_ll be surprised how much fun you_ll have. Better than taking a trip, and less expensive, too.

  • Go to upstate New York and find a bed and breakfast. Or, go to Long Branch or one of the places along the Jersey shore. It_s the off season so the place will be dead, and you can visit all the little shops and stuff.

  • Cape May (the city) is well known for its romantic B_B_s.

    There_s still walking on the beach even tho_ the weather_s getting cool and there_s a downtown pedestrian mall that has excellent food and shopping.

    As it_s off-season, rates will be lower and crowds will be non-existant.

    Really recommend it highly.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS