Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is it true that there is a singles night at the hyde park Kroger?|151656

If this is the case, has anybody been there first hand? If so, what_s it like? And are there any other good places if Cincinnati to meet people beside bars?

  • I have no idea about Kroger having a singles night. However as for meeting singles in Cincinnati , you should do what it is
    you like doing.This is the only way to meet a single person who likes doing the same things you like doing.Unless of course you want to meet a single person who does not like
    doing the same things as you.Then you need to think _what kind of single person am I looking to find_.

    If you are looking for a church type then start attending different churchs

    If you like a single person who likes flowers then start at the Krohn
    Conservatory in Eden Park.

    Not to many singles at the Zoo
    but what the heck it is a nice place to go when it is not hot.Animals are a lot like humans when it gets hot they just
    lay around.

    If you want a single who likes art then try the Art Museum in Eden Park.

    If you like a well read single then the
    library is the place for you.

    You want a single who shoots a little pool then a nice pool hall would be a good place to start.
    Maybe Snookers or Micheals.Albeit Snookers is getting more like a bar than pool hall.

    Now if you are looking for a single who likes staying fit then join a local work out joint and sweat till you meet another sweating single.

    If you like to meet a single who is trying to loose weight then you may try a weight watches meeting place. Be for warned most over weight people stay that way.

    You see it is a simple solution to your problem go where singles go who enjoy doing what they do.This has always puzzled me why people say that they can never meet a nice single person till they tell me they work and go to bars. Then I just look at them and say duh.

    Oh yea if you are looking for a nice Republican or Democrat then look up their party numbers and volunteer.

    I hope this helps if not then go to one of the laundrymats in Norwood and you will probably find a single there most every night.

  • I_ve heard that Tuesday evenings are pretty popular. I_m not sure on that specific time. I read it in the Enquirer once. I don_t think it_s anything official.

    The Methodist Church on Observatory and Grace has a singles group on Sunday evenings. You can smell the pheromones a half a mile away.

  • Many grocery stores used to run similar promotions (a couple of decades ago). I do know a radio station recently tried that at the Hyde Park Kroger, but it died quickly.

    As was stated before, find a store that has a wine tasting, or a church that has a singles night.

    I might also suggest Hap_s Irish Pub on a weeknight. There is a diverse group of regulars there (some older couples, some younger singles, some older singles), and lots of social groups that meet there once a week. I am not one to suggest going to a bar to meet somebody (unless you just want a one nighter), but Hap_s may be a good place to go to.

  • I actually live within blocks of that store and walk to shop there often. I do see a lot of the college/recent-graduate age folks of Oakley/Hyde Park/Mt. Lookout there. I notice WAY more couples than I do singles though. The majority of those who are not there with a significant other rarely tear themselves away from their cell phone. I_d look elsewhere for better prospects.

    I remember reading the same thing about an unofficial singles night when I first came to town. I think the Flying Pig course description mentions it while describing the Hyde Park portion of the marathon route. If you go, any given night might be better than another, but I definitely don_t think any will jump out as a semi-organized _singles night_.

  • I dont think so. Every time Ive been there, its pretty much been the standard Hyde Park type crowd that you see everyplace else in HP. No real singles concentration. How about meeting a girl at a Reds game or go tailgating with some friends at the upcoming Bengals games? There are always a decent number of hot women at both places, and as a bonus, you know that they have at least a small interest in sports if they are there.

  • I hear that there is a singles night at the Hyde Park Kroger. They say that you can tell those who are single carry a basket while shopping and those who push a shopping cart are married.

    The Vineyard Church has a singles night I think every Thursday night. If your company has a softball team, you can join and meet singles, especially if the team is co-ed since you will be playing other co-ed teams from around the area.

  • I_ve not heard of a singles night but I_ve heard about a ladies night at the Kroger_s in Hyde Park. A bar is definitely not a good place to meet a mate unless you like that kind of stuff. Try a nice coffee house.

  • Unofficially Tuesdays and Thursdays - however, when I lived in Cinci and shopped there I never noticed an abundance of singles shopping. Wouldn_t bank on it to find a date . . . .

  • You could go to the Party Source in Newport. They have weekly wine tastings. I have lived in Cincinnati all my life, but I have heard that it can be really hard to meet people here. You could sign up for an art or cooking class.

  • Do any of you guys want to get a Cincinnati Y!A peeps going? Add me as a contact. We could meet once in a while to sip a drink and gripe.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS