Saturday, September 26, 2009

Can a minor stay in a hotel room alone if a parent is in a different room in the same hotel?|133029

My family is going to go see my step-sister for her birthday. She lives with her mom, so my step-dad, mom, brother, sister, and I are driving up and staying in a hotel. What I was wondering is if I could stay in my own room since my mom is staying in the same hotel. Will they let me do that?

  • yes, they will let you. go crazy. slam the door all night long, raid the ice machine, put ice outside of other rooms, switch the door tags from do not disturb to maid make up the room now. set the alarm to go off for the next guest to check in after you, set it for 3:00am. whatever you do have fun.

  • The hotel room has to be booked by an adult, but once it_s booked they don_t care who stays in the room. An adult can book you a room in their name and give it to you to stay in, so that shouldn_t be a problem.

    Some hotels won_t simply let a minor occupy a room by his/herself if there is NO adult involved, but it sounds like an adult will be nearby, you should be fine.

  • Yeah i have done that! my mom stayed in the room next door and they didn_t care at all just have your mom get two rooms they don_t need to know and plus as long as they get paid they don_t care who is in their rooms.

  • sure

    they often rent connecting rooms or family rooms that are smaller than regular rooms.

    it depends on what reservations they make and the cost.

    also how full the hotel is. If you rent a huge suite they often have private rooms

  • Yes as long as there is a parent with you. You will be able to stay in a Hotel. For a parent must sign for the rooms and pay for it. Have fun dear !

  • I_m sure it won_t be a problem. I_ve done it plenty of times before with no confrontation. I doubt it_s even against policy.

  • They will let you do anything, as long as you have a parent around.

  • yup definently at least in south carolina they can...

  • Yes. We did that many times once our son was about age 11. I don_t recommend it before then.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS