Friday, December 24, 2010

What is the best beach in Southern California?|123548

I am not a tourist and so I do not need touristy info about the beaches. I live in West Hollywood so I just want to know which beach fellow Californians deem the best.

My absolute favorite is Venice, even if it_s not the most glamorous. I am also quite fond of Huntington Beach.

  • Depends on what you want to do.

    See the sites: Venice and Santa Monica.

    Surfing: Huntington. Next Malibu and Zuma.

    Swim with little kids: Mother_s beach.

    Best showers: Leo Carillo.

    Tide pools: I can_t remember.

    Grunion running: varies.

  • Zuma is my fav. it has great waves, you can park outside the beach so you dont have to pay. To drive there its the beautiful drive of malibu and theres a grocery store near buy so you dont have to pay an arm and a leg to have lunch out there.

  • IMHO, it_s Huntington. The right combo of nice, clean, beach, fun things to do off the sand, and some good waves for body surfing. Plus, you can have a fire for an extended evening time.

  • Drive north to the beaches in Malibu - very beautiful and not quite as crowded. My favorites are Point Dume and El Matador.

  • Newport, Huntington, and Zuma

  • Corona del Mar


    http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page��


  • i have the link!

    check this out!

    http://www.boomersint.com/pchwy/scalbch.��

  • Huntington is kinda dirty. I absolutely love Balboa, Laguna and Capistrano.

  • Venice, I love the atmosphere there.

    (I missed that you had Venice as yours)

  • I prefer Manhatten Beach cause_ its clean and theres not a ton of people.

  • corona del mar! i love it cdm. or monarch beach!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS