Sunday, October 24, 2010

How can you find out when and where filming locations are in LA?|137971

I_ve lived in So Cal my whole life in Orange County but I hardly ever go up to LA. I thought it would be cool to see something being filmed because I_ve never seen a celebrity in person before (Yeah weird living in So Cal my whole life). So I was wondering how you could find out where and when a movie or TV show is being filmed in the LA area? I tried google but didn_t know exactly what to search and couldn_t find any good info.

  • Hollywood on location can help you out. But they do charge for their location lists. However if you have tourists in town who want to see celebrities, it may be worth the fee. I believe location lists are still about $10.00 and updated daily.

  • RyRy, Shoots are picked like the night before they are shot depending on what they got done the day before. They are not published except on the _call sheets_ given to the people involved. The best way to find a location is to look for the directional signs on telephone poles and such which directs the staff to the location.
    The location manager_s assistant frequently posts these like at 5:00 am or so in the morning....

  • At one time the Los Angeles Film Permit Office would issue a daily record of each film shoot, and its exact location. In the industry it was called the _Shoot Sheet_. Unfortunately it is no longer made available to the public

  • trust me it_s rather boring. Most of the time the crew is setting up or breaking down. and the actors are usually in their trailers.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS