Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What is the best way to cope after snowfall?|134268

I am 68 years old and live on my own. I find it very difficult to go out and get any shopping done when there has been a snowfall like recently. Is it possible to buy special footwear that would make it easier to cope with walking on a slippery surface?

  • I_m from Canada where it snows frequently in winter.

    Boots with a very rough, bumpy surface are best for snow and ice. Anything smooth is going to let you slip easily and possibly fall.

    If you have some kind of hiking or hunting boots, that should do good enough.

    It is getting more common in my area for stores to sell strap-on cleats or spikes to get even better traction.

  • First off it is not snowing in Phoenix. It_s about 52 degrees at 5:15pm and is very windy.

    This question is probably written by someone who lives north of Phoenix around Flagstaff, Williams, Show Low or Payson. They are getting loads of snow right now.

    So I second all the boot comments made above. Walk carefully and don_t slip. Also don_t wear your golf spikes.

  • Well, my first response would be to stay home when it snows. If the forecast calls for snow, go out before it snows to get groceries. Boots are a great thing to have, but really nothing is going to help you if it is really icy out. You need to walk slowly and watch carefully. But I would suggest staying home for a day or two. When did it snow in Phoenix recently?

  • I don_t know why this is in the Phoenix section, but having lived in Chicago most of my life, my suggestions is to buy snow boots. The thick striated rubber soles will keep you from sliding and falling. The lining will keep your feet warm.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS