Thursday, March 26, 2009

Does anyone know a place in the Outer Banks that will rent to 22 and 23 year olds?|184414

I_ve been looking all over for sites that will rent to me but all the sites I_ve come across say you must be a family or at least 24 or 25. Does anyone know of a place or a site that could help me?

  • You could always camp. I stayed in houses at the OBX for years until I discovered camping there. To me it_s a hell of alot more fun and waaaaaay cheaper. Cape Hatteras KOA is great

  • Howdy,

    I_m going to be going with Sean to the Outer Banks and will also be signing the lease along with him.

    One of the first things we did when we found the house was contact the real estate company and ask if, even though we_re not a family and under 24, we could still rent the place. They contacted the owner and we got the thumbs up.

    Now, here comes the issue. The contract for the lease has a line stating that we are verifying that we are indeed at least 24 years old. We_ve requested that they strike that line from the lease, but they are saying they cannot. This makes us a little nervous for obvious reasons. They are also saying that they will not have any additional contracts along with the lease, so we can_t have them sign something saying that they are aware of our ages.

    Does this leave us exposed to get screwed out of our money, or is this standard operating procedure in the land of rental properties?

    Just as a side note. Although I recognize the reasoning behind the age limit on rentals, it makes me laugh to think that my parents would have to sign for me to rent a vacation property long after I_ve moved out and am on my own.

    Thanks in advance for your input!

    Mike

  • I think I can hep you out with a vacation rental. My company finds vacation rentals for people and we are very good at it. If you don_t mind please fill out a request form on www.thevacationfinders.com and I will have some places for you to look at within 48 hours. I know it is tuff when you are under 25 but I have access to thousands of properties.

  • You fall in the dreaded _non-family_ group area, and the first answer is always, but there are ways to get your group approved. I have two rental properties, and have had non-family groups rent my houses. Here is what you have to do:

    First, make sure you are absolutely honest about the make up of your group. If you try to sneak in as a family group, you will be in violation and will be evicted, losing all monies on deposit.

    Second, you must make sure that everyone in the group will abide by the rules laid down by the rental company. Generally, they are as follows for non family groups:

    1. If you have anyone in the house under 21, there is to be no alcohol. If you break this law or any other law, this is a reason for eviction and all monies will be forfeited.

    2. If the police are called to the house because of excessive noise, you will be evicted and all monies will be forfeited.

    3. You must agree to a $1,000 security deposit which will be returned to you six weeks after your departure. If there is no damage, all monies will be returned. If there is damage, let the rental company know and take responsibility for it.

    4. You must be willing to submit to unannounced periodic inspections during your stay by the rental company personnel. They will be checking to see if you are conforming to the above guidelines.

    5.if there is no one under the age of 25 in the group, you will be required to have a parent sign the lease and take responsibility for it.


    Third, the owner will want to know that you are a responsible group and one that he/she can trust with their very valuable asset. Don��t forget, the owner is in this business to make money to cover the expenses of the house. If a group goes into the house and wrecks it, they will not be able to rent this out to other prospective renters. See if the rental company might permit you to speak to the owner so you can personally tell them of your intentions and that you will be a model renter. As my mother always says, ��Leave a place better than you found it.��

    For more complete details, you can find it on my website at:


    http://www.outer-banks-revealed.com/non-��
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS