Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What are some of the best areas to live in phoenix?|124407

I have been looking at Surprise, Peoria, Phoenix, Glendale, and Scottsdale. Where do I get the most bang for my buck? Peoria seems to be nice and Surprise seems like a middle class kind of place.

  • I live in Surprise and it_s nice. There are still houses being built all over and most of the area is less than 10 years old, so you can get a relatively new home for less than you might pay elsewhere in Phoenix. The area is growing everyday- lots of new restaurants and shopping going in and new schools are popping up all over. No mall or movie theater yet, but soon.It_s pretty quiet out here too.
    The bad part? The commute is hell. There_s only one way in and out and that_s bell road. And it sucks- I live about 25 miles from work and it easily takes me 35-45 minutes to get there and 45-60 minutes to get home.
    Peoria has some really nice areas and some really not so nice areas, however it_s closer to Phx than Surprise. Older houses, older schools but they are good schools. Same for Glendale.
    Scottsdale is very nice, but very expensive to live in. Homes are much more there than probably anywhere else in the city. Good schools and great nightlife- Scottsdale has some of the best clubs and restuarants in the state, but again, it_s very pricy.

    I hope that helps! I_m a native of Phoenix who has lived in Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise and Phoenix.

  • Check out the East Valley. Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert. Mesa even. Tempe is way expensive (and a headache) because of ASU. Try to keep your commute in mind when picking where to live. Traffic can be murder. Try to live farther in then you work if at all posssible.

  • I live in Glendale and love it! My mom lives in Peoria and also loves it.

  • I second the notion to check out the east valley- I love Scottsdale and Ahwatukee and Chandler!

  • It depends on what you are willing to spend. Are you looking to rent or to buy? Have you checked out the east valley at all? If you are buying, Chandler might be a good choice since, after a huge amount of new housing being built, the market sort of bottomed out, leaving a whole lot of people desperate to sell their houses for much less than they would have sold for 6 or 12 months ago. If you are looking to rent, Mesa has both old and new, in all price ranges.

  • I inquire about Phoenix all of the time, keep the scorpions as a factor in where you relocate.

  • Check out Ahwatukee that is where I live and I love it!

  • Personaly I dont know why anyone would want to live is Az. It_s so hot during the summer you have to stay in airconditioned places, or stay in the pool till your crisp from the sun.and Pheonix is BROWN.....ugh! I dont think I actually saw a yard with grass in the whole city....no thanks! But I love the smell of Scottsdale....the air is thick with the citrus....that was awsome..

  • there are none PHX sucks no one can drive a car, they are rude as heck and real stupid not one person knows where to find any buds man PHX people is stupid
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS