Thursday, September 18, 2008

I will be walking the USA coast to coast. How can I get sponsors to help fund my trip?|163119

I have some money saved up(about $1700), but I know I will need some sponsorship. I plan on starting in Maine in July and head toward New York, then go southwest for winter before heading west for California. I am also thinking about charities to collect money for, too. I am 20 years old.

  • Find a charity, CF, MS, Komen B C R, or something else, and they resubmit this question with a link to the charities website where people (like me) can donate/contribute.

    That is how this type of endeavor works best.

    Good luck to you.

  • Heh! Maybe you could get Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurants to sponsor you in an advertising campaign (remember when Forrest Gump trekked cross-country in the movie?).


    http://www.bubbagump.com/


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Gump_��

  • Definitely you will need more the 1700, I admire your drive though.

    When you talk to national sponsors such as the ones noted already, tell them you are willing to talk to media along the way and give them good press... that usually butters them up quite a bit.

  • WOW! You are one determined man, Glenn! I would suggest telling everyone in your community about the walk. They would be willing to donate, espicially if they knew you personally. Then, contact national sponsers, like Kohl_s, KMart, Circut City, et cetera. Tell them you will be wearing a shirt with their logo, and GOOD LUCK!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS