Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What kind of legitimate info can you give me on living in Buffalo, Rochester, and/or Syracuse?|182941

I_m thinking about moving to upstate New York _ these are my top choices. I know they_re all cold _ snowy, which is one of the reasons I may move there, but what else can you tell me--more detailed climate info, cost of living, job availability, good/bad parts of town to live in, etc. Anything you can offer would be great. Thanks!

  • Personally I_m a fan of Upstate NY. I enjoy having 4 seasons - but it_s not for everyone. If you don_t like the snow then Jan / Feb will really get to you. Rochester out of the 3 gets the least amount of snow.

    Nice things about
    Buffalo : Buffalo Bills / Buffalo Sabres / Huge Party Strip / Close to Canada and Niagara Falls

    Rochester: Very nice bike trail / cross country ski trails / Tons of Festival in the spring / summer / fall

    Syracuse : Syracuse Orangemen - SU hoops


    Other nice things about this region - Housing is Cheap compared to the country . Close to Niagara Falls / Finger Lakes Region (wine country), and Adirondacks. There are lots of lakes / swimming holes, camping, parks, cute small towns, Erie Canal. Downfall is the job market isn_t the best and the population is stagnate. Don_t let people badmouth upstate... with our winters it_s not for everyone... but then again 98 degree weather isn_t for me.

  • Well, Buffalo and Syracuse are on some kind of snow beltway because you can always count on them to be the worst places to travel through. Lately there has been an increase in the crime rate in Syracuse. Personally out of the three, I like Buffalo the best.Now, not only are our winters cold and snowy (usually) our summers can get hot and sticky. Are you looking for just _entry level_ positions? I_m sure they are _a dime a dozen_ in any of the locations.Try the I love NY.com tourism website and I think it will ask you specific towns/cities and have all their census stats.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS