Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What should I wear to a job interview in Hawaii?|179679

I_m moving to Oahu next week, and have a few interviews. The jobs are for a vet clinic, and a lab assistant position. I was planning on just wearing a shirt and tie, but now I_m worried that that may be too formal for a job like these, especially in Hawaii. Any thoughts?

  • I would personally go with the shirt and tie. I_ve been and used to live in Hawaii and I know the culture there is very laid back. But one of my H.S. teachers told us a story about looking sharp. His brother lives in Oregon and I guess the culture or area around him is very laid back. He went into some company, unexpected, no meeting planned and asked to see the guy in charge. He was wearing a suit and power tie, where the culture and dress was normally laid back. The receptionist decided to let him see the boss and he was able to sell him products (I don_t remember what, that_s not important) worth like 60,000. He said he probably would not have made it if he was wearing just a Polo or whatever.

    Just a little story I think about when I have to dress up.

    Good luck with your interviews.

  • I have seen a lot of men interview in a nice Aloha shirt ( that means not too bright, kinda muted colors) and long pants and dress shoes. You can also go for a long sleeve button up shirt with long pants and dress shoes. People don_t usually wear ties so you don_t need to bother with that :-)
    Good luck with your interviews.

  • wear flip flops, shorts, and a hawaiian shirt. and a flower_s necklace. and sunglasses.

  • Eeemmm, well shirt and tie is a bit too formal. So what about a casual shirt buttoned up with a formal pair of trousers? Hope this helps

  • Vets are supposed to wear a button down shirt at the least, so I think that this is a good clothing choice.

  • Don_t worry, a shirt and tie is fine. ;)

  • a grass skirt and coconut shells! :P

  • a swimsuit dude!!! ha ha lol
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS