Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What are the best states in America known for their countryside?|187700

I_m going to work in the US during the summer and would really love to stay somewhere where there_s a lot of nature, villages and stuff.... What would you recommend? Maybe you know some specific towns I could go to?

  • somewhere in new england, my specific choice would be maine--look into portland, its the biggest city...very nice country side with ocean and mountains...plus its a tourist place during the summer so they hire seasonal employees...
    some other towns to consider are:

    old orchard beach
    bar harbor
    york/ogonquit

    but my 2 top choices would be portland or bar harbor

  • It is really a matter of taste - most of the ones that I like are in the East or NE region - VERMONT, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA, KENTUCKY. Every state has it_s attractions. You also have to think about what climate you are accustomed to because in the Summer, some states are hotter than others. If I had to pick just one, I would pick Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia - lots to see and do and so much of it historic. (Valley Forge, Amish Country, Brandywine River, tons of museums, etc)

  • Every region has its crown jewel and every region has its slum.
    Go where you are led and find the jewels among the thorns.

    My favorite area outside of _home_ would be the upper northeast area, in and around the Catskill mountains.
    It is always beautiful, no matter the season.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS