Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is there anyway to get to Anacortes from Seattle by public transportation?|151699

I don_t have a car and I am not sure if I have money to rent one. I was thinking of taking greyhound or amtrak but from my search it doesn_t show they go there. Does anybody have any suggestions.

  • Yes.

    From Seattle you need to get to Everett Station - by Community Transit or Sound Transit

    From Everett, you can take Skagit Transit to Mount Vernon Station. The bus is called the _Everett Express_.

    From Mount Vernon Station you can take the county connector bus 411W to March_s Point Park and Ride.

    From March_s point Park and Ride you can get on the Skagit Transit route 410 into Anacortes.

    Bus schedules:

    Skagit Transit:
    http://skat.baron-co.com/index.cfm?pageI��


    Sound Transit: www.soundtransit.org

  • Greyhound doesn_t go to Anacortes from Seattle, but it does go to Bellingham. If you can get off the bus at Burlington, Washington (before you get to Bellingham), you_d only have seven miles to go before you got to Anacortes. If there_s someone who could give you a ride for those last seven miles, I_d think you could make the trip. You_d need to check with Greyhound to be sure they can let you off at that spot (I don_t know why they couldn_t, but you never know).

    Wish I could help more, but perhaps that will get you started, at least. Good luck!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS