Monday, December 27, 2010

In your opinion which is the best aquarium in the United States?|148344

In the past couple of years I have visited the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, the National aquarium in Baltimore and another one in NYC (near Brooklyn) . I had also visited the Chicago aquarium about 10 years ago. So far Baltimore tops my chart. How about you?

  • I_ve traveled throughout the U.S. and have been to many Aquariums. My favorite one is the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. I was there most recently in January 2009. They have fantastic exhibits and behind-the-scenes tours. I was able to see African penguins and hold and touch one. He was so cute and he brayed for me. I also learned plenty about penguins. It is a great program and I highly recommend it. They also have a penguin promenade which they do twice a day. Two African penguins come out on a red carpet and you can ask questions about them and learn plenty there, too. That program is free, the other is extra. With the promenade, you can_t touch the penguins. One of them pecked at my camera and my shoe. They are adorable!

    The Florida Aquarium also has a great Coral Reef display with a tunnel you can walk under, a coral cave, and a coral farm. The shark feeding they have for the public is interesting. They also have a shark feeding behind-the-scene tour.

    More on the Florida Aquarium: I was able to feed the stingrays when I was there. They have an American Crocodile on display in the Wetlands section. This area also has a Mangroves section and a Saw Grass Marsh section, in which they had some river otters. They also have a Swim With the Fishes Program and a Wild Dolphin Encounter. Many programs there to keep you busy. There are so many beautiful species of fish on display throughout the aquarium. They are fascinating to watch. This is a _must see_ aquarium.

    I_ve been to Shedd Aquarium many times (I live in the Chicago suburbs), The Monterey Bay Aquarium, Aquarium of the Pacific, Scott Aquarium at The Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, and many more, and this is by far the best one I_ve been to yet.

  • Baltimore is supposed to have a great aquarium.

    I haven_t been to New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina, but I thought the aquarium there was excellent.

    The Dallas World Aquarium is really cool and even more amazing since it is privately owned.

    I live in Long Beach and I think the aquarium is OK. Unfortunately the people that attend it are dirty and leave trash throughout the facility.

  • There is a great Aquarium right next to the Hamptons on Long Island, New York. It is called Atlantis Marine World Aquarium. Its in Riverhead, NY(its a town mostly on the North Fork of Long Island). Its Great. If you want to visit or learn more about it visit the site that I posted below. New York Aquarium is also great if you want to learn more about it follow the link I posted below.

  • Monterrey California. Lee

  • I_d have to say the one in Chicago, but I haven_t seen the one in Baltimore.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS