Friday, November 26, 2010

How much should I plan on budgeting on souviners in Disney World?|168575

I want to get a couple things for myslef and my boyfriend and something for my parents and brother and a couple small things for a few other people or myslef lol....any sugguestions on what to get and the best places to shop and how much moey to bring? Thanks!

  • I would not use the Disney Shopping website as a guide. There are many items that are only available in the parks, so you can_t price them online. Also, Disney Shopping has frequent sales, the parks do not.
    I like to browse around for my first few days and get ideas, then I shop toward the end of my trip. If you have a Disney Visa card you can get a discount at the World Of Disney store in Downtown Disney. Also, they have a huge selection of stuff at Downtown Disney with many different shops for all different tastes. It is a good place for one stop shopping!
    I would plan on around $300-$500 depending on your taste. Another idea is to set an amount you want to spend for each person and then find something in that range. There is so much to choose from, I am sure you could find something for anyone in just about any price range.

  • Take a look at this website for some items that you might like to purchase and calculate the cost of it online. That should give you a pretty good estimate.



    http://disneyshopping.go.com

  • $250-$500... it_s expensive! It also depends what you want to buy! Set a limit on how many items and how much you will spend on each person. I went one time and decided to get gifts for my family(about 4-5people) who lived oversea_s and I spent $1000!! :-O And I was banging myself over the head once I found out how much I had spent all in one day! It goes so quick, so be careful!!

    My suggestion is to either have the things sent to your room (if possible) or shop at the end of the day. Otherwise you will end up lugging around everything all day and that gets tiring! Every resort/onsite hotel I have ever stayed in had an excellent gift shop as well with disney merch.

    Good Luck! And happy shopping! =)

  • Depending on you taste, I would budget at least $300. If you are extravagant, budget more. If you looking at smaller trinkets as gifts, budget less.

    The best place to shop is World of Disney in Downtown Disney. Unless you are looking for more park specific items, WOD will give you a large selection.

  • Tell yourself that you will only spend $10-15 the most $20 per person if not youll end up buying the whole world of Disney store.

  • You can get a few cool things for $100 bucks. You wont find many sale items there. However, there is a wide variety of items in every price range.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS