Monday, November 1, 2010

How far is the Greyhound terminal in Washington DC from Union Station where the trains leave from?|161351

I am traveling through DC this December. I am coming in on a greyhound bus to the main station and then leaving on an Amtrak train. I need to know how far the two places are apart and generally how long of a layover to plan. I know that there is a greyhound stop at Union Station, but the bus I need to use does not stop there.

The map I_ve seen says the two places are about 2-4 blocks from each other depending on the site I use to map. I just want some more practical advice. Are there shuttles or a walkway; or is a Taxi the best option?

  • It_s a very short walk between the two, not even 10 minutes, so you don_t really need to take a cab; in fact, most of the time you can_t get a cab at the Greyhound station and you need to walk over to Union Station anyway! There is no shuttle or walkway but the sidewalks are in good repair. During the business day there_ll be a lot of foot traffic with office workers walking around in the neighborhood but at night and on the weekends it gets to be a less lovely neighborhood so do be aware of your surroundings.

  • take a cab

  • Union Station is at 700 1st Street _ there is a Greyhound station at 1005 1st Street. It is only .3 miles away.

    I don_t know if that is the one that you can_t use, but I wouldn_t walk. It could be bitter cold _ carrying luggage would be a pain.

    I_d say that when you get off the bus, look around to see if you can find a metro bus stop, if not, flag a cab.

    Good luck _ plan enough lay over time to look around Union Station. It_s a really cool place.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS