Monday, October 4, 2010

How easy is it to get a cab to Newark Airport from Manhattan on a Saturday night?|119377

I am flying out of Newark Airport at 10:30 pm on Saturday night, so I_ll be leaving for the airport from Manhattan (34th and 3rd) around 8:30 pm. Will I be able to find a taxi easily that will take me? I_ve heard stories of taxis refusing to go to certain far-away NJ locations.

  • I would do a shuttle to pick you up, its about $17
    http://www.goairlinkshuttle.com/

  • My friend, its feasible, however, just let me warn you, that cab ride will cost you a lot of money. About $80. The reason, there is a $15 surcharge for trips to Newark Airport, and also, the is a night surcharge of $.50 on top of the a initial fare of $2.

    When you get to Newark Airport, don_t forget to ask the drive for a recipet.

    I hope this information is very helpful.

    Good luck

  • I take it you are staying at/near the Cavalier Hotel?. If so, see your Hotel_s Concierge. They will let you know if cabs are ocassionally parked outside the hotel. A few cabbies do this hotels as they know this is where most people will be. If your hotel doesn_t have a Concierge, take a short walk outside (or look out the window) and see if any cabs are normally parked outside. They may be in front or a side street.

    A phone book might/should be in your room as well. Open it and surf through for one/some and have it wriiten down or bookmark in your mobile phone to call as a backup.

    By the way, always check the license plates of non-yellow cabs to make sure its a licensed vehicle.
    http://www.floridapl8s.com/sightings/nyt��

    It should have T_LC or TAXI embosed on it.

    Have a safe trip

  • It shouldn_t take too long to hail a cab. The only thing that may delay it is if you are close to a bar/club/lounge or if it_s a rainy day because the demand for it would be higher. :)

  • I would catch the train from Penn Station or the bus from near Grand Central. BTW, leaving NY at 8:30 for a 10:30 flight is cutting it close.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS