Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is Myrtle Beach still a family friendly place during Bike Week?|163773

My small family and I are planning a three night trip down to Myrtle Beach (My husband and I along w/ our 2 year old daughter). It just so happens to be during Bike Week. My best friend (who does not live there) said she_s seen pictures of topless chicks riding around on bikes and she said it may not be a good time to go down there. There isn_t really anywhere else we want to go.
I can_t imagine a place being so bad, that a family should avoid it completely. I_d like to here from a local and get their opinion.

  • Hi there. I live here in North Myrtle Beach and have been here for more than a year. I have seen all three _bike_ weeks/weekends.
    The fall rally is a lot smaller than the spring rally. The only real problem is the traffic and watching out for bikes.
    Um..have yet to see a _topless_ chick on a bike. (During the Memorial Day bike rally there are a lot of questionable outfits--but it is centered around Atlantic Beach anyway.)
    Overall I think you would be okay during the fall bike week. If you can, try to find a place closer to the north end of Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach. You can avoid a lot of the traffic that way.
    Have a great time! I love it here and don_t ever want to move!

  • You can see that kind of stuff at bars, suck bang blow, the rat hole and other bars that cater to HD riders. I_ve been to 2 bike weeks and also own a home in MB and its a great place to go to, even in bike week. Just watch your speed limit on 17 business and 17 bypass, MBPD really means it when they put up a speed limit.

  • I_m not a local, but I_ve been to other bike weeks and I_ve spoken to people who have been to Myrtle Beach during bike week.

    You won_t see women riding around with their tops off. You may, if your lucky see one flash em for a second. The police tend to have zero tolerance for that type of stuff during bike weeks. Most of the really wild stuff will happen at a private business, i.e. a camp ground or a bar. There is a famous bar for bikers in Myrtle Beach called Suck Bang Blow, where they do burn out contests in doors. What you will see a lot of is girls wearing ***-less chaps with a thong and a leather tank top.

    The two things about bike week that would keep me away are that the prices for hotels will be higher than normal and I_ve heard that the traffic during bike week is REALLY bad. A local in MB told me about the traffic. From experience in MB not during bike week, the traffic is really bad, if it_s worse during bike week then it must be a parking lot.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS