Saturday, June 19, 2010

What can you tell me about living in vermont?|185091

hi, i am thinking about moving and im not sure where i wanna go. right now i am finishing up student teaching and i graduate in may. i would like to move, and i am thinking to vermont. the thing is, i have never been there and have absolutely no clue what it is like there. is it countryish?? city? suburbs?? i grew up in the city of pittsburgh and now i am living in the south western part of pgh which is in the suburbs, but close to the country. do you think i would like it? how is the year round weather? i am also going to need to find a job as a high school history teacher - any luck there? please let me know as much as possible about vermont.

any tips? living costs (high??) pgh is pretty decent price wise - i wanted to go to nyc but its too expensive. any areas that are nicer than others?

  • Vermont is pretty much all rural, unless you live in one of our three cities. The weather is Vermont is nice, if you are a fan of snow and skiing. I personally like Vermont because of its rural nature. I think that the cost of living in Vermont is pretty decent, winter heating can be expensive, but rent isn_t nearly as bad as it is in the big cities. I know it might sound cliche, but there are a lot of cows and farms in the really rural parts of VT. I guess I would say that Vermont is a nice place to live, but I can imagine that it could be alittle lonely at first if you didn_t know anyone up here.

  • You live in Vermount.

  • I visited Vermont, not too long ago. It_s pretty boring: gray skies, and extremely cold. I went to Burlington (the most popular city in Vermont), and I think some of the pros would have to be the peace _ quiet, and the fact that it_s a 1 and a half hour drive until Montreal. Let_s just say I was so bored I left on the next flight to New York City.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS