Saturday, June 26, 2010

I got into Loyola New Orleans for the spring 2009 semester any tips?|106093

I just found out I got in, and I have less than two weeks to make a decision, so any tips on what the weather is like in the spring in new orleans? Packing tips? What can I expect from Loyola?

  • If you are enrolling for the winter/spring semester, it can get cold in Jan and Feb. I remember one year, Mardi Gras was freezing and I couldn_t be outside for long and went back to campus. Then, a year later I was wearing shorts and a small top to Mardi Gras so it can be very different year to year. As for the spring in NOLA , it can be warm and muggy but it_s the south so that_s the norm. Also, be ready for rain in the spring. Loyola is awesome. It_s smaller than other bigger universities in the area, Tulane or UNO. The classes are smaller and most professors are helpful, they aren_t dealing with very large classes and endless grading of papers. The campus is very easy to navigate and again its on the smaller size so if it_s hot or cold outside you can get from building to building quickly. If you decide to go, and stay on campus, I prefer Buddig Hall. The dorm rooms are older but you only have to share your shower and toilet with 3 other girls, and there_s a sun deck on the roof.

  • The weather year round is just great. It can get very hot starting around April. The coldest it can get is in the 20s and that usually doesn_t last long. It does rain quite a bit even with the sun out, which I think is kind of beautiful.

    Loyola (and Tulane, which is right next to it) is a good school to me, if you were to compare it to other colleges in Louisiana. It is very small and has very small classes (11:1 student teacher ratio). It is a pretty diverse place: lots of study abroad students from Spain, France, etc. The people and students are extremely nice. It is a great place to me because even though it is very small, there are so many different kinds of people. It is just so diverse.

  • Spring in nola is great. You will have a great time. You will have many crawfish boils to go too. Mardi gras is very near too!!!! You get off for mardi gras!!!!!! you will love it!!!!!!!!! There is some great shopping and lots to do!!!!!!!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS