Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is there a way to donate clothing directly to victims of Katrina?|167330

I recently moved so I am unpacking and finding many items of clothing that have barely been worn that I would love to give to someone in need. I worked in retail for years so I have many items that still have the tags on them. I also have growing children with new clothing that no longer fits them. Does anyone know of a church or an organization that was affected by Hurricane Katrina of which I could mail the items to? I would love to mail boxes of clothing directly to those who need them.
Thank you so much!

  • Why did you wait so long?

  • Try the news media here in N.O. Sally Ann will be glad to help
    www.wwltv.com
    www.neworleanschannel.com
    www.nola.com

  • They_re beyond immediate needs such as clothing. You could donate the items, then send the amount of money you received as a tax deduction directly to the Red Cross.

    They need money to help rebuild their lives. Many other agencies are helping disburse money.

  • I usually donate (all kinds of things/not just clothing) to Covenant House at 611 North Rampart Street (504-584-1100). You can be sure your donations will go directly to people in need.

  • GO to Oprah_s offical website.

  • Isn_t that over with?

  • 200,000 Katrina _victims_ have already re-located and most are on the dole. Houston welcomed 80,000 and their crime rate went up 17%. You are about 18 months late on the clothing. Your taxes are covering everything now.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS