Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where can I park along the Magnificent Mile in Chicago?|154311

A friend and I are heading to Chicago this week. We are planning on hitting up the Magnificent Mile for some shopping and not much else. Where would be the best place to park? Are there any parking garages anywhere along/near Michigan Ave that would be good to park in? Please help me. It_s been forever since I have been in Chicago and I can_t remember.

  • One option is to park *south* of the Magnificent Mile - around the Art Institute are underground parking garages that are only about $12 - and take the bus or walk back up Michigan. It_s a short walk, and well worth it.

  • If you go one block west of the Mag mile, you_ll find several parking garages. In particular, I know there is one near Nordstrom_s. If you are looking to save some money, you can go about five blocks further west and park in the River North neighborhood. Here they have mostly surface lots so they_re a little cheaper than the garages. There are also parking meters in this area and I_ve had pretty good luck finding open meters on the weekend.

  • Do not park at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago. I just spoke to them on the phone their daily parking rate is $ 48, not $ 8-10.

    Here_s the Mag Mile website:


    http://www.themagnificentmile.com/Visito��

  • Underneath the Intercontinental Hotel, (about 1/16 a mile away from _The Magnificant Mile_) is a parking garage, it_s only 8-10$ a day, security guard protected and safe within walking distance of your shopping haven. And, this is open to the public with certain amounts of spaces reserved for the Hotel. I stayed there long ago without knowing that I was so close to this famous shopping area and I was in heaven! Crate and Barrel got some money from me that day! Hope this help you out! Have a GREAT vacation in Chicago, I certainly did!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS