Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just curious. Who has driving distance of over an hour to work and how is it like? How do you manage?|162444

Im asking because, Im trying to decide weather or not to take a job?. The distance from where i live right now is 1 and half hours. I live in a really small town in michigan and there are barely any jobs around here and the nearest is in bigger cities. I dont know weather I should do this or not. I was planning on moving to Kalamazoo michigan which is 40 minutes from the job but wont be moved in until end of july. What is your suggestion. Thanx in advance

  • Hi there!
    I_ve driven anywhere from 30 minute to 1 hr 45 minutes (15 min. of traffic) to get to work!
    In all honesty, it gets very monotonous unless you have nice scenery or countryside to travel through (not likely though!)
    I would suggest moving, because you_ll save yourself some piece of mind, some sleep, some sanity, and when its all said and done- quite a bit of gas money!


    How did i manage? Audio books on tape..I found that I was stimulating my brain as well as passing time..(just make sure to watch the road though! haha)
    I also just listened to the radio, NPR, cds, XM, that type of thing..or pretend that whatever song came on next I was going to sing like I was auditioning for american idol.
    (yes..i got weird looks, but the time passed)

    Best of luck to you :)

  • Thanks for the advice, It really helped me with my long drive I had to my interview. Dont know if I got the position yet.!!!!





  • Don;t know what whay kind of job, but can you work from home?
    Lots of people do that now instead of commuting.

  • I will say get it! I did not have a car so I needed to take the bus. The bus takes 2 hrs TWO LONG HOURS! in a car just 30 min. I did it and thanks to that I was able to buy a car!

  • Well I drive about 45 minutes to work, and well if you aint used of it then you might not like it. I mean get some tunes to listen to, take ur phone wit u, it took me about 5 months to get used of the long drive but now its nothing, 45 minutes breezes by and i dont even care about how long it takes. You will get used of it in time. Hope this helps ya out and good luck on ur job if u get it.

  • I do. I leave my home at 745am drive my boys (4,1) to grammas for day care, then go to work on the opposite side of town. I don_t mind cause I drive a Hyundai which saves on gas, but the travel time is terrible if I don_t get my coffee first! Do you value sleeping in? Or can you go to bed early?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS