Monday, February 15, 2010

How do get sleep living in a bad neighborhood in the summer?|158589

I live in nyc in a bad section, about 20 guys hang out across the street from my building until 5 am every night, they scream, blast radio, cops laugh at me when i call. im on the 5th floor and stay awake until 5 am and sleep 2 hours then go to work.
How do you deal with this?

  • An airconditioner lets you keep the windows closed. Use earplugs and get a white noise machine

    http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Screen-Con��

  • I used to live on the first floor of an apartment building down the block from a bodega where a group of guys would hang out well into the night. I found that having a fan on near my bed drowns out a lot of that noise. It_s easier to sleep through the noise from the fan than it is all the people talking and whatever.

  • I knew four college roommates who wanted to work in NYC. So they all chipped in for a big apartment in a not so good neighborhood in Brooklyn. Same situation. It seemed as if there was a party every night on the street. Yelling and screaming, cursing and fighting, and once in a while gunshots. What did they do? They brough an air conditioner and turned it on for the summer. During the winter less of a problem because the streets weren_t as crowded.

  • Have you seen those air purifiers that blow the air? We use those to sleep with. I live in a quiet suburb but we have gotten so used to the white noise it_s hard to sleep without it now. It covers all sorts of noise.....like the TV in the other room and such

  • Ear plugs.. A fan to help block out the noise..

  • Yeah like Lisa said, I_d just try to create ambience - whether with a fan or monotonous music (if other people around can_t hear it.) Other than that, I_d just move as soon as possible. It wouldn_t be fun to have neighbors like that.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS