Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can I go about researching my neighborhood?|160901

Found what seems to be a great home in Decatur, GA. I just wanted to know of any online sites where I can research my subdivision or neighborhood. Also, my landlord goes through a property management service so I have no contact with him/her, is there a site online I can go to and research my specific address to bring up recent closings, ect?

  • Check out the Decatur Police Dept. They may have district or precinct stats on crime.
    Next the county Assessor_s Web site. Some record all sales transactions for tax purposes.
    If this home is strictly a rental the Sheriff_s office or City Constable may have eviction records.

  • The newspaper www.ajc.com has a section on recent home sales by zip code. You may want to also drive the neighborhood, walk the neighborhood, go to a park nearby talk to the neighbors who are out. ask questions. Make sure you drive the neighborhood at night, and on a warm weekend evening. See what is going on. If school was in, I would suggest driving by when the school bus lets the kids off, that way you can see how many families w/ children live in the area. There are plenty of things you can find out just by driving around.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS