Monday, February 8, 2010

Are people allowed to go down to the beach (sand) during the Huntington Beach grunion run?|157420

I just want to go on the sand and watch. I don_t want to catch them though.

  • Of course you can.

  • I did this a while back so yes you can go to the sand and watch but if you try to catch without the proper license they will give you a ticket. From what I saw they are very serious about this. The only thing is which I didn_t know until they told us was that if the grunions see people they will move on and land on the sand somewhere further away. They send out spotters to make sure the coast is clear and when it is that_s when they wash up in the sand so I recommend you go with a few people that are there to just watch with no flashlight because that will also spook them away.

    Besides poor things...the only reason why they wash up on the sand is to mate....and I_ve never heard of any creature that likes being disturbed while they_re trying to get there groove on right?

    But it is cool to see :)

  • People go out on the sand to catch them so I dont see why you couldnt go there just to watch.

  • Yes you may. That is where the grunion are.

  • I guess so...I thought it was more up toward San Pedro and Long Beach....

  • sure it is fun to go in the water when they are running and perfectly legal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS