Thursday, October 1, 2009

Will I receive my new Michigan license by my 21st birthday?|127544

I am planning a trip to Florida the day after my 21st birthday. I was told that I would not receive my new license by then and that a state-issued paper ID will be attatched to my expired license. If this is true, will it be accepted as legit beyond state borders?

  • You have to go to the Secretary of State, as you_ll get a new picture for your license. You can go up to 45 or 60 days before your 21st birthday. When you go, you_ll have to bring your current drivers license and Social Securty Card or Passport, and they_ll verify your age and driving record and staple a paper temporary license to your current license. This expire about a month after your 21st birthday. But, as long as you make it into the SoS office well enough in advance, you_ll get your new license before your 21st birthday. I got mine 4 days before my 21st.
    But if you don_t get it, the paper copy will still be valid, but it will say _Under 21 until XX/XX/2008_ on it.

  • They only cut off a corner of your license and staple the paper one to it.

    Now if you only have the paper license, that may present a problem.

    It usually takes 5-10 business days to receive your license. Don_t wait until the last minute.

  • yes it will still be accepted. that is what happened to me when i went to washington state two years ago.
    so yes, it will still be accepted!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS