Saturday, October 24, 2009

What is the best major city in Virginia for a tourist from Detroit?|119625

I am 15 and from Detroit. I have never been to virginia and I was wondering which city is the best for me to go to: Virginia Beach, Norfolk, or Richmond. I should be there in October. thank you.

  • WIlliamsburg is half way between Richmond and Norfolk and is very historic.

    Also, don_t overlook Roanoke and the lovely Shenandoah valley towns along I-81...Staunton, Lexington, Harrisburg, Natural Bridge, New Market...etc..or go to Luray Caverns or drive up in the Blue Ridge mountains on skyline drive....in another month the leaves turn as well and it_s very pretty.

    And of course there is the suburban and very wealthy northern Virginia which is really considered suburbs of DC. Lots of fine restaurants, shopping and traffic.

  • There is alot of history in Virginia. The Norfolk area would be my choice. Williamsburg is a must. Virginia Beach will not be very warm or busy in October. If you can go towards Charlottesville. Monticello was home to Thomas Jefferson.

  • Definitely Richmond. Plan a drive to Jamestown. I grew up in VA.

  • Any Virginia penitentiary will do. It_ll feel just like back home, bro.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS