Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How much should I trip a limo driver?|120344

I_m having a limo company take me to the airport from my home in one of their black sedan limos. How much should I tip them if I paid $79 total for the transport to the airport 30miles away from my home at 5:30am on a Saturday morning? I will also be the only one being picked up and will have only have 1 luggage. I live in Santa Clara, California and am going to Oakland Airport. Thanks.

  • As a former _Limo Jockey_...

    $20- $30 bucks would be a _handsome_ (from the handsome cab days of old) tip.

    Try to remember this:

    You are bailing at 5:30 am on Saturday, which means he is up way earlier to be in position to pick you up. 30 miles takes him out of service range for any additional work.

    You want to be remembered for future business trips, and a way to get remembered and treated with the utmost Customer Service is a gracious gratuity.

    Of course if the driver turns out to be a bum, well he gets what he gets.

    A professional driver should have a morning paper or two on the back seat for your arrival, and perhaps even a hot beverage.

    I used to do many early am airport deliveries and always made sure my clients had a morning paper such as the Wall Street Journal (if I knew the clients destination, a local paper from that area); and of course a hot coffee or tea depending on the clients needs (here is where repeat business is crucial to the driver, and company bottom line).

    I always made it a point to take note of my guests preferences such as coffee or tea (one guest preferred a cold soda), as well as basic routines. Was this person on the phone doing preparatory work before traveling? This means they are not paying attention to me or where we are going (do I have all the information I need to deliver my guest).

    The list of Exceptional Customer Service tasks in this industry is monumental; but certainly attainable. Measure and balance your gratuity to what other services the company provided and go from there.

  • trip? use ur foot ...hahah

  • Only once, you don_t want to hurt him too much.

  • ew nothing
    hes friggen taking you in a SEDAN!
    ughh they are hidious
    fire him and either get a humer limo
    or i went in a mercedes one once
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS