Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What is the best scenic route from Orlando to Tallahassee?|184579

Hello, I_m driving from Orlando to Tallahassee and I want to know some nice scenic routes to take. Thanks!

  • Driving out of Orlando, the Turnpike itself is about as scenic as it gets with views of hills valleys, lakes, etc. I would stick to the Turnpike to US-27. Then you have a Choice. You can take US 27 all the way to Tallahassee with many beautiful sections - Lakes, Farms, Horse country around Ocala - but lots and lots of things to slow you down - Little towns, traffic, stoplights. It will make a 4 hour trip easily 5 and half hours.

    Another Option is to stck to the Turnpike and I-75., I-10 and make a few Stops - Micanopy, Paines Prairie, Cross Creek, Devils Mill Hopper, Swanee river St. Park.

  • 10 east to 75 south. south on the turnpike (the toll is $125) to rt 27 south. 192 east to the park entrance.

    don_t take rt 27 from Ocala. you go through lots of little towns _ cities with lots of traffic lights. it takes more than twice as long to get there.

  • There is no such thing as a _scenic route_ from Orlando to Tallahassee, unless you go clear over to the coast and follow along that narrow road.. and even THEN you won_t see much water.

  • I second going Turnpike/ I-75 / US 27 out of Ocala. There are some boring stretches but it beats the monotony of I-75 to I-10. The roads are mostly 4 lane with 65mph limits now also.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS