Monday, August 3, 2009

What should I do when I go to Gettysburg this weekend?|179427

I_m going to Gettysburg this weekend for a trip. What places should I make a point to go and see while I_m there?

  • if you love to shop go to the outlets but if learning bout all the war stuff aint your stlye then you should drive an hour more to Harrisbug N chill there its pretty hott thats what me N my girls did we shopped in the outlets N headed to Harrisburg plus they have nice outlets in hershey pa which is only 10minutes from harrisburg

  • I saw a story on television about a girl named Jenny Wade. She died by a stray bullet from a sharpshooter while cooking for soldiers although she was supposed to be taking cover in the cellar. I think there is a Jenny Wade House Museum. She is one of only a very few women to ever be honored by Congress or something or other along those lines.......

  • There are a few nice museums too. There_s a fantastic fudge place and next door is the President_s Hall - where the 2nd floor shows replicas of all the first lady_s ball gowns. It_s neat. I used to ride my bike over the battlefield. I grew up about 10 miles away. Have fun!

  • There is a gallery of artwork by a man with the last name of Gallon which is a must see. His work is amazing!

  • When I was there I went on a ghost walk, it was a lot of fun.

    I find G_burg fascinating, even though I_m not into history and I_m not a tourist. There is just so much history and tradition there, and you can_t turn around without tripping over a monument.

  • Go out to the battlefields and visit Devil_s Den. Its an interesting rock formation.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS