Sunday, July 19, 2009

What are some other fun things to do in Austin on Halloween besides 6th street?|113449

I_ve gone down there every Halloween since 1999, and I want to do something new this year. The plan is to pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters, then go party. But does anyone know of any nightclubs that do stuff for Halloween, and have costume contests and such?

  • Have you gone on the Austin Ghost Tour? I heard they have a special tour every Halloween. It_s downtown and they walk you around showing you all the the scary stuff (based on true events, they say).

    You could also try the House of Torment. I_ve heard it_s pretty darn scary.

    I am pretty sure that Terrace 59 (above Speakeasy) has a big costume party...but I_m not sure about contests. We go there pretty often. It_s not as crazy as 6th...more _grown up,_ less barf on the floor. You get it.

    There_s the Ghoulwill Ball at the Driskill. It_s pretty popular, and a good cause. They will have a costume contest.

    Karma (downtown) has a big Halloween party. They_re on 8th street at Colorado (I think). Doors open @9:30 and costume contest starts @11:30. I hear they also give out free drinks to people w/the best costumes. Free alcohol is always a win.

    Have fun!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS