Sunday, July 19, 2009

Is there a good on-line resource for finding cheap, rustic cabins for rent?|146492

I have a sabbatical in the spring and would like to rent a cabin for a month, somewhere without much cold or snow. I am a writer and student, so I have very little money to work with. I_ve tried to find stuff online, but it is all _luxury_ cabins. I don_t need a jacuzzi or even a TV, though I probably need electricity (I_m a city boy after all). Does anyone know of any online resources to check out for that sort of thing?

  • In the summer I stay in the cabins in Garner state park or leakey tx. They_re great. They have some without air and some with. The ones without are great because they have these awesome screens that you can open up and wake up with the sounds of nature all around you. It_s not glamorous but you have a kitchen and a bathroom and several little beds. All you_ll need is bedding and some food. They even have outdoor picnic tables and barbeque things. It_s so soothing. Best of luck to you!

  • Try
    http://www.makeadifferencetravel.com


    Click _Book Travel_

    Scroll down to a blue box near the bottom, _Need Ideas?_

    Click on _Great Outdoors_

    Good luck and have fun!

  • Check out state parks in various states. I know that Virginia has a number - very rustic, but with electricity, plumbing and even a kitchen. They rent by the week, generally. I know that Seashore State Park in Virginia has some, as does Shenandoah National Park, Fairy Stone, Westmoreland and others.

    I believe West Virginia has some. Unfortunately , you may find them pricey (they tend to start around $300 a week +) But I_d check other states - no doubt other places have them. I know the north rim of the Grand Canyon does, but you might be too early in the year for them.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS