Monday, June 1, 2009

What is the cheapest way to move your stuff from one state to another?|195051

I_m planning on moving from Florida to Colorado in May. I_ve checked ou U-Haul, which seems to be the only company not afraid to give their prices online (because its like $2,000). Everywhere else requires you to call and get a quote. I was just wondering if anyone knows of the cheapest way to move your stuff.

  • I dont like uhaul as the news shows teh company as a whole doesnt maintain their trucks well.

  • I found that UHaul, Budget, etc. were way too pricey for my move from NY to NC. We actually used ABF...it cost about $800 and they drop off a truck at your place which you load yourself...you pay only for the amount of space in the truck that you use, which is nice. A driver then comes and picks up the truck and meets you at your new location, which you then unload. The only downfall was that the delivery day isn_t _guaranteed_. But if you can go a day or two without your furniture it_s definitely worth it. Google them, it_s a good deal.

  • Renting a Trailer and do-it-yourself is cheaper. If you don_t have something that will tow and you need a truck, that_s more. Either way 1-way rental is always pricey, and it_s too far to return it.

  • you can ask some of your friends to bring their cars or trucks..... im sure they would be happy to help

  • when we moved to las vegas, we sold all our stuff and only kept clothes and things we really needed. shipped the boxes by us mail and spent maybe $300.

  • U-Haul is the best way

  • I used U-Haul When I Moved And It Was Great I Got Like The 24 Foot One :)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS