Thursday, June 18, 2009

How hard is it to drive Washington DC? Going to Nationals game, driving from Annapolis to Arlington.?|143711

I will be driving from Annapolis to Arlington, Virginia and then from Arlington to the Nationals game. What type of traffic should I expect? I understand DC is hard to drive in, even for those who are used to major cities.

  • Do you have reserved parking? There is little or no public parking available at the stadium--it_s all set aside for season ticket holders who have paid extra, and other VIPs.

    It_s far better to park in Arlington and then take Metro to the game. That_s what most people do. You_ll also avoid the traffic that way.

    If you don_t have a specific reason for going to Arlington, you would do still better by parking at one of the Metro stations in Prince Georges County Maryland, such as at New Carrollton, and taking the Metro from there.

  • I just attended my first game on Saturday. We took Metro and arrived an hour early and left before the final inning. I wish we had driven. Yes, its not cheap, but frankly the roads were clear as could be. I asked the police who where stationed everywhere on the blocks who said weekends seemed to be easier to drive as most folks were taking the advice to go Metro. Metro was fine, btw...but as I said...we gave ourselves plenty of time to get there and get out. I only know I wouldn_t want to wait out to the last minute as Metro was packed even as we rode.

    Evening games, are another matter! They told me roads were a mess. So....Metro it, if its a game during the week...consider driving and parking at RFK and take the shuttle to the stadium.

    This stadium is AMAZING, btw. Take lots of cash...great concessions...but not cheap.

  • I HIGHLY recommend driving to Arlington and taking the metro from there-- the D.C. traffic is insane. Try driving to East Falls Church metro station, parking there, and hopping on the Orange line to L_Enfant Plaza. Connect on the Green line to Navy Yard, where the new Nationals stadium is, and you_re set.

  • If you live in Annapolis, why not drive to New Carrollton at the end of the Orange Line, take the Metro to L_Enfant Plaza and switch to the Green Line? I also understand there_s a shuttle from RFK Stadium, but I am not sure how close that is to the Stadium Armory Metro entrance.

  • Don_t forget if it is a day game on Sundays, parking on the meters is FREE both in DC and Arlington Va so close to any Metrorail stop should be good...

    Hope the Above Info Helps!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS