Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is there an airport shuttle I can take from McCarran Airport to MGM Grand?|151660

How much does it cost, one way? And do I have to have a prior booking?

  • buy your round trip it will be a bit cheaper and you can get one when you get of the plane and pick up your lugage..you just might have to wait until they fill up the bus before it leaves

  • I_ve taken both the shuttle and a taxi and I think it_s six of one, half-dozen of the other.

    A shuttle is about $8-$10 one way. MGM is the first drop-off.

    My taxi last week cost $9.40.
    However - ask the driver how much BEFORE you get in. My mother did that and they wanted $40 to go to MGM. If you choose the taxi, tell them NOT to take the tunnel, which is the longer way.

    So, if you have 2 or 3 people, a taxi would probably be your best (cheapest) bet. I still usually take the shuttle because it_s quick and right there by the door, and I know I_ll be first off.

    You can buy the shuttle tickets right at the exit of the luggage claim. If you get a round-trip ticket, you will have to call them the day before to arrange pick-up, but the timing for that has been hit-or-miss for me and I just take a taxi back.

  • I_ve taken the shuttle every trip so far.. and never had it take 30-45 minutes.... you just walk right out the door and you_ll see the shuttle ticket area ... they tell you what shuttle you should get on, and thats it.. I don_t see how thats not easy?

    The shuttles sometimes wait for a few more ppl to get on before they leave.. but it never takes more than 5 or so minutes... MgM would probably be the first stop too...

    I_ve taken cabs two or three blocks that cost more than $12 dollars, and they just raised their rates. I_d go with the shuttle... thats $6 for the shuttle vs cab fare plus a tip ...

    Spending an extra 15 minutes on the shuttle never bothered me.. I_d rather spend that extra 20bucks on gambling or food ;)

  • Take a taxi. Taxi will have you to MGM in 5 minutes. A shuttle will take 30-45 minutes. If you are traveling with someone the taxi will be cheaper. Don_t forget to start your trip with a pocket of dollar bills. The usual tip for taxi or bell hop is $1 per bag.

    Using Terminal 1 when you arrive at baggage start looking to your right for the exit for taxi service. Limo is straight ahead and shuttles to your left.

    Have fun
    Bev

  • I also recommend just getting a taxi, the MGM is actually very very close to the Airport so the fare wouldn_t be that much, actually about the same that the shuttle but much more hassle-free and fast. Have fun!

  • I would highly suggest taking a taxi. Last time I stayed at MGM, my window actually overlooked the airport - it was that close! It will save you time and cost about the same in the end. Have fun!

  • You can but its so much easier and quicker to take a cab, i think that the shuttle was about $6 each way and a cab about $12

  • Taxi= Much easier.

    Basically the same price, and cheaper it its more then just one person. No wait, and faster to the hotel.

  • Yes.

  • take a taxi
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS