Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can someone give me good advice on where to live in the States?|176888

My husband is going to graduate soon (I_ve already done so) and now we_re trying to find a place to live. He_s going into the medical field, so we can basically live anywhere where there is a hospital. We want to live somewhere between Idaho and Michigan, but none of the southern states. There has to be high mountains, and lots of trees and lakes. We_re starting a family, so most importantly, there must be good schools and family-friendly neighborhoods, including low crime rates. And (as if we weren_t being picky enough), we_d like to live in a place that isn_t too much in the city but not too far away, say a town of 15,000-30,000. The places I have looked that seem the closest are Pennsylvania (I know, it isn_t between Idaho and Michigan), Missouri, and Minnesota. Any good suggestions in these states or others? I am willing to research as many suggestions as I get, so please don_t be shy. Thank you.

  • I live in Hanover, Pa 17331 (Yes, there are 2 Hanover, Pa_s). It is a great town. About 20,000 people, low crime, great schools (South western School District is the best). Hanover is a growing community that still has that small town appeal, but with all the city ammenities. There is a small/ Medium hospital in Hanover, but there is a LARGE hospital in York, about 25-30 minutes away. Hanover is only about 1.5 hours to Baltimore, 2 hours to Philadelphia and 1 hour to Harrisburg. It sits in the perfect location. Oh, and we are only 20 minutes from Gettysburg (Lots of History around Here). Mountains not far from us (There_s skiing in Gettysburg). There is a state park with lake about 5 minutes out of town. I highly suggest checking it out!

  • I live in Michigan, and I really would not recommend you move here. The economy is awful, the state is cutting funding for schools, state police, human services, medicaid....basically everything. If I had to live in Michigan for the rest of my life, I would choose to live in Ann Arbor. It is a great town. It is hilly, has rivers and lakes, it has great schools, and what I think is really cool; it isn_t a huge city and it is filled with such diveristy.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS