Thursday, January 15, 2009

What is the cheapest way to get to Alaska from Indiana?|163462

Hello,
My sister has recently moved to Soldotna Alaska with her family and I would like to visit her during my winter break. I_ve been looking at airfare and it_s over $600. Is there a cheaper way to get there? (besides hitch hiking) I_ve been looking at busses but I can_t find one that will take me up to Anchorage?

  • Air travel is your only real option, especially in the winter. There are no railroads between Alaska and Canada and there is no regular scheduled bus service. Everything, including people, comes and goes by airplane or ship.

  • Even though the airfare seems expensive, if you were to compare the price to driving, counting the multiple days of travel it seems more reasonable.

    It is a couple thousand miles to Soldotna from the midwest. Airfare really is your best choice.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS