Monday, October 27, 2008

How Do I Survive New York City?|103248

I am planning on living in the big city, and I am curious on how to become an official New Yorker. How do I become aggressive and a very good negotiator when it comes to Cabs and whatever else. Also I would like to know how to live the life where I can have a big Condo and a huge friend base with an active lifestyle. ex:(Parties;Restaurants;Premieres;Hotels�� Please help.

  • First of all, you can_t go into NYC with that arrogance and expect to make it. You can_t negotiate cab fares (they all have meters inside them and you pay based on how far you go). Your expectations are not realistic if I_m being honest. You can_t just show up somewhere and get a big condo and a massive list of friends and access to premiers and parties and things like that. You have to work your way up the ladder. The city is a great place, but you must realize that it is bigger than you and that if you_re not careful you could get swallowed whole (figuratively, not literally).

    The best way to approach city life is to not change who you are, because it will be painfully obvious if you do.

  • Um where are you from? The first thing you need to do is be very careful because the way you sound and the questions your asking...I can see that you are going to be a very easy target!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS