Sunday, August 17, 2008

What is it like to drive in North Dakota in the winter?|192795

I have a subaru. Will that be OK? I currently live in Florida and I_ve traveled to Alaska where they have to plug in their cars so that the engine blocks don_t freeze. Is that true in ND?

  • I_m from Bismarck. I can honestly say we have had some weird winters lately. I don_t think we have had more than a foot of snow in the last few years combined ( in Bismarck anyway ). It gets bitterly cold in the january months though. I also drive a subaru and have never plugged it in. No problems here. Plus with your subaru you_ll have no issues getting around.

    And yes you can add a engine block heater at any time. Shouldn_t cost more than 100 or so. What part of ND are you moving to? Maybe I can show you around if its Bismarck. Only takes a day. lol

  • I_m from Manitoba (just across the border) so I know exactly what its like. Your Subaru will do fine for traction and I_m sure I don_t have to tell driving on snow is a lot different so take it slow till your used to it. We do plug in our cars when it gets really cold but if your car is built in the last few years and is in good condition it should start unless the the temperature drops below -30 celcius (-22F) It almost always gets bitter cold the first week of january so it depends when your coming. The coldest I_ve ever been outside for and extended period of time was -54c (-65.2) with the wind chill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS