Friday, May 23, 2008

What are the best ways to shuttle from Phoenix (or Las Vegas) to south rim Grand Canyon?|164315

Going on a hike through Grand Canyon in mid-October. Flying into either Phoenix or Las Vegas (or even another airport if a better option occurs) and hoping to find a shuttle method from that city to the south rim of the Canyon. Ideally I have to make it to the rim and be ready to walk by 2-3pm. I can either travel the day before (Friday) or the morning of (Saturday). Whichever option I take, I need to ensure proper rest (hiking the canyon without proper rest is very dangerous).

Any info is greatly appreciated.

  • Give Scenic Airlines [ airline code YR] in Las Vegas a call and tell them that you_re hiking and want _the ride only _ fare You should know that that fare may very well cost you more than your flight into LAS did

    http://www.scenic.com/

    Just so you know :
    Unless you_re planning on using Indian Gardens as a CS or making a dry camp above the Redwall ,2:00 3:00 PM is a kind of late to start your hike
    I mean the Inner Canyon does get dark before the Rims do and gets light after the Rims do
    Enjoy the Canyon

  • I recommend you rent a car, but also check out local tour operators

    I was recently in Las Vegas and I took a tour from Look!Tours to Death Valley and was very pleased

    http://www.looktours.com/
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS