Saturday, May 10, 2008

Is it okay to bring a camera to a broadway show?|191069

I_m going to the city tomorrow, and I_ll have a camera with me. I_ll be seeing a broadway show and I have no intention of recording it. Will the theater be fine with this as long as I_m not recording? And if not, will I be able to leave it somewhere safe?

  • It is absolutely okay if you have a camera in your purse or pocket at a broadway show!! Getting it confiscated is all nonsense. They don_t even usually check bags. I see shows quite frequently, and I always bring a camera with me to take pictures at the stage door. As long as you don_t have the camera out in the theatre, there isn_t a problem.

  • Uh...no. It_s NOT okay to take cameras into shows.

    That should be common sense! The shows are copyrighted.

    You aren_t generally allowed to bring cameras into most live performances!

    I believe they confiscate them, when you enter, if they see them.

    And if you were to use a flash, they would definitely remove it. That is a major distraction to the actors and the audience alike. And so many cameras automatically use their flash....

  • I don_t think so. My family and I went to a show a few years ago, and there was a girl below us. She was taking photos and it was funny because the performer actually pointed it out and people began laughing, but yeah, I wouldn_t recommend bringing a camera. Leave it in the hotel room maybe?

    Well, if ur not using it, then maybe it wouldnt be a problem, but id leave it home or at the hotel anyway.

  • It is illegal, they say that at the begining of the show but if you don_t get caught and post it on the internet it is illegal for cops to arrest you without letting you know to take it down.

  • I brought one because it was my aniversary....BUT just to take pictures before the show inside the teather....I think its kind of rude when their flashing in the middle of the show.....so defenetely NO NO..
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS