Monday, May 12, 2008

Do you think tourists will take wedding pictures for us?|178492

We are planning to get married in vegas next month. I really want some pictures in front of the welcome to vegas sign and the fountains. Some of the packages that will take us around are a little expensive. Do you think other tourists will snap some photos of us with my camera? Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

  • just to give you a little tip, if you happen to be around when a person that is working at the said place, then ask them rather than a tourist. I_ve worked on the strip and I was constantly taking photos. It is no big deal for us, we do it all the time. Also we have nothing to gain from the situation (or loss for that matter) so we can actually be trusted a little bit better than a complete stranger on the street that you don_t know if they are going to steal something from you.

  • I would!!! But I am going next week.

    Congratulations on your wedding!

  • Of course. That_s what tourists do, take pictures for people.

  • yes, if you ask politely

  • I_m not sure about some people, but I know that if I was a tourist I would take some pictures for a couple that are going to get married! I_ve been a lot of situations when I_m on a vacation and someone will ask me to take pictures for them. There is no reason for someone to walk away if you ask them for help.

  • I bet someone will be happy to help you.

  • Sure, but you can_t be sure of the quality you_ll be getting. You might have your head cut off, eyes closed, off center, etc. But if someone came up to me and said _hey we just got married, can you take a pic?_ I_d be delighted to take part!

  • Well, are you traveling with anyone besides your soon to be spouse? have them do it. I really wouldnt trust a camera to a complete stranger, esp. if it is a nice one! But if you are discretionary I am sure you can find a nice old lady or a soccer mom to take your pic!

  • ummm lol. Well yes at the popular fountains and areas in Vegas the risk of your camera stolen is minimal because Its such a crowded area, however that is not the issue I would worry about if I were you. You only get married once. I personally would not want my wedding photos to be taken my some random person who might miss and only get photos of our feet or the fountain or something like that. Although that would make a funny story about your wedding! A good idea to avoid that if you still want to avoid that is wait and look for a tourist with an expensive nice camera hanging around their neck. One of the big professional models. Ask that person to take your photo nicely. They will know how to compose the shot nicely hopefully. Good Luck and hope the wedding is great!

  • I_m a local and I_ve taken pictures for tourists before. There is however a chance of getting your camera stolen, regardless of how many people are around. I_ve seen it happen. It_s very easy for someone to take off and disappear into the crowd.

  • I_d be careful about that. I know someone who did that only to have their camera stolen. Is there someone, a friend or family member, who will be there who could do it for you? If not, use a _throw-away_ camera (some take really good pictures) and let a tourist take them. That way it_s less likely to be taken and if it is, you won_t have lost a good, expensive camera. (I hate to sound so cynical, but I_ve actually seen this happen more than once. That_s one of the unfortunate realities of the world in which we live.)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS