Monday, March 10, 2008

How long does a baseball game last?|116002

I am going to the Giants game on 9/8 at 1pm and does anyone know how long the game it_s going to last? I am planning a dinner after and I want to make sure we have enough time for the game, check out the dugout store, head back to hotel in SF downtown and get ready for a nice dinner.
Thanks!

  • The average is about 3 hours. If it_s a high scoring game it can be a little longer due to more activity and pitching changes. I don_t know how much travel time you need but I would block off four hours. Have fun!

  • Agreed, it usually lasts about three hours. However, it lasts until somebody wins, and extra innings are always a possibility. Some years ago I was at a 16-inning Giants game.

  • I disagree. A quick inning takes about 15 minutes. There are 9 of them. A quick game would be over two hours. A typical game will be closer to 3 hours. If it goes into extra innings it might go longer.

  • It takes about 3 hours. It_ll go longer if the game goes into extra innings.

  • anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. Most giants games are usually done by 4-ish. But it entirely depends on the game. The yankees for example are known for taking 4+ hours. The A_s on the other hand have a pitcher who routinely goes only 2 hours.

    So I would plan on say 3 hours for good average and you should be done by 4 or 4:30.

  • the average ball game will last about 2 hours unless they go into extra innings
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS