Monday, February 4, 2008

Can you help me find a small town near the water in which to retire young?|105030

I am looking for a place in the USA with a population of 10,000 people or fewer. I would like to live near or on the water (ocean is ideal). I want the kind of place where there is no crime and everyone knows the waitress at the local pie shop. I have $1 million on which to retire at age 40. I am single, so it should not be for old married people.

  • Big Sur, CA

  • I would encourage you not to limit the choices to within the United States.

  • Come to Bobcaygeon Canada. Lots of lakes, rivers etc. You wouldn_t be the only millionaire at the local diner ( The Full Cup ) but nobody would really care. Population @ 2500, but many more in summer. About 1.5 hrs. north of Toronto, but a time warp away. Unfortunately there is crime here, just last week a stop sign was stolen, and last night a bunch of delinquents broke a beer bottle in the park. It is a tragically hip place to live.

  • Florida or the Carolinas. A million would not buy ocean front in California.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS