Friday, January 11, 2008

Where are the best vacation spots in the US for a family of six?|118227

The kids are 12, 8, 6 and 4. Disneyland and Disneyworld are out of the question, they are too expensive.

  • I can relate....I took my three kids to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. They have amusement parks and water parks etc, lots of mini golf and cheap eats...And most of all reasonably priced lodging. I would consider there. I go every year to this day....I don_t know what time of year you are planning to go but when I go in May, I can get an oceanfront suite for around $70 a night and that can sleep four kids and two adults....For example, room type H at Sea Dip Motel _ Condos....www.seadip.com
    The best part is when you get to town there is about a 1/2 dozen different coupon books you can get and save big on food and shopping.
    You can also get a free nice book sent to you at www.myrtlebeachlive.com
    I get one every year.

  • Depends on what you like to do.

    We rented a camper and took off to see the USA. After discovering that everybody liked camping, my folks bought a camper and we continued our _See the USA_ quest for several years.

    With the price of gas these days that might make cross-country tours a bit steep. In that case you might find a GOOD campground (with lots of stuff for kids) within a reasonable distance

    The price of a site in a campground for one night is probably a lot cheaper than motel accommodations for 6 and might offset the gas expense for long distance trips (we went as far as Massachusetts to Yellowstone and back.) Camp cooking is a lot cheaper than eating out too!

    One of the best parts was the _OK... where should we go this year?_ That was asked about 4 months before the trip. Planning the trip was half the fun!

  • hawaii
    your welcome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS